1. The police arrested two hundred people.
2. You must clean this machine every time you use it.
3. You should keep the flowers in a warm sunny place.
4. Tom Sawyer whitewashed the fence.
5. We shall invite him to take part in the concert.
6. They promised her an interesting job.
7. They paid me a lot of money to do the job.
8. The fascists killed her father.
9. He wrote this book in the 19th century.
10. They were playing tennis from 4 till 5.
Make the following sentences passive.
1. The workers are unloading the steamer.
2. The director has just signed the letter.
3. The customs officer is Rewrite these sentences in passive keeping them in the right tense. counting the cases.
4. When he entered the room, the legal adviser was checking the contract.
5. They showed us a good film.
6. The medecine centre will open the new hospital next year.
7. They expect you would take part in some sports.
8. My father painted the floor last summer.
9. They gave me a very interesting book at the library last Friday.
10. This company builds many houses in our town every year.
Translate the following sentences into English.
1. Коли було видано цю книжку?
2. Їй дали українсько-англійський словник.
3. Мене ніколи про це не запитували.
4. Куди можна поставити валізи?
5. Вірші Роберта Бернса знають Rewrite these sentences in passive keeping them in the right tense. в багатьох країнах світу.
6. Цю мишу впіймано вночі.
7. Про нього часто говорять
8. Чому над нею насміхалися
9. Горіхи з`їли вчора.
10. Собак люблять в багатьох сім`ях.
Варіант № 4
Read and translate the text.
Forming is the process of changing the shape of a material without adding anything or taking anything away. Only melted or soft materials can be formed. Wire, sheet metal parts for cars, and water pipes are all shaped by forming processes. The processes include casting, compression, extrusion, drawing, stamping, and bending.
A material may be forced or pushed into its final shape. This process is calledextrusion. The shape of Rewrite these sentences in passive keeping them in the right tense. the opening in a die determines the shape of the material. Squeezing toothpaste from a tube is an example of extrusion. The toothpaste's shape depends on the opening at the top of the tube.
Soft metals, rubber, and some plastics can be extruded. Sometimes the materials are heated and sometimes they remain at room temperature. Almost any shape can be made. These shapes may be solid or hollow.
When cakes are decorated with frosting, the extrusion process is often used. The frosting is put into a tube and then forced through a die to create interesting Rewrite these sentences in passive keeping them in the right tense. shapes.
Drawing is the opposite of extrusion. In drawing, the material is pulled, or stretched through a series of dies until it becomes the desired size .Wire is usually made this way.
Stamping involves smashing the material between two dies. Sheet metal parts for cars are made by means of stamping. If the final shape is complex, more than one stamping process may be required.
Copper tubing, thin strips of steel, and most sheet metal can be easily bent or twisted. During bending, one side of the material is compressed and the other side is stretched. Sometimes the material needs to Rewrite these sentences in passive keeping them in the right tense. be heated before bending. The type of material, its thickness, and how much it bends determine whether heating is necessary.